Hey,

I have a task that may take longer to execute (several minutes), so I felt I
got to have a fancy progress bar on the command line to entertain me.

No progress bar though, found this in the archives:
https://mailman.uni-konstanz.de/pipermail/basex-talk/2020-November/015845.html

So this is the closest I got (running BaseX from an Ant task):

xquery_update_db:
     [echo] XQuery Update (Database) wird ausgeführt: xquery/basex.reduce.xquery
    [apply] EXPORTER: omit-xml-declaration=no
    [apply] Database 'DEBUGX' was opened in 113.62 ms.
    [apply] "FORTSCHRITT: 0%"
    [apply] "FORTSCHRITT: *****5%"
    [apply] "FORTSCHRITT: **********10%"
    [apply] "FORTSCHRITT: ***************15%"
    [apply] "FORTSCHRITT: ********************20%"
    [apply] "FORTSCHRITT: *************************25%"

While I am happy enough with this (it is quite accurate and I like the
dramatically mounting effect), can anyone say what might be needed to implement
this as a module?

Daniel