Hi Hans-Juergen,

This smells like you did not "uninstall" all of your last version of BaseX.
I only use unzipped .zip distributions myself so I can only tell you how I upgrade those:
* have all special JARs (saxon or whatever you need) in lib/custom
* delete all files in lib
* delete BaseX.jar
* unzip the new version of basex and copy lib and BaseX.jar to your project
* also replace the .bat and .sh files in bin if you did not edit them for say more RAM or different port.
  if you edited them you need to move these changes over.

Best regards