I am trying to use an xpath passed to basex on the macOS command line to
extract data from a downloaded third-party HTML file.
The file isn't completely valid xml syntax (but only in elements that aren't
referenced by my xpath), so basex outputs errors instead of the data that I
want.

How can I configure basex to ignore xml syntax issues that aren't fatal for my
xpath?

If it cannot be so configured:

- could that option be added as a new feature?

- in the meantime, what other macOS command-line xpath parsers can ignore
non-fatal XML syntax issues? Which of those support the newest versions of
xpath, are performant, etc.?

Thanks.

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.