BASFA Meeting 1305
August 3, 2015

Trey Haddad, President
Ken Patterson, Vice President
Dave Gallaher, Treasurer
Galen Tripp, Sergeant at Arms
Barbara Johnson-Haddad, Secretary
held at Coco's, 1206 Oakmead Parkway (Lawrence Expressway/101 Fwy),
Sunnyvale

Began 8 pm with me wanting to kill an Archie comic with FIRE
24 people attended

We established a party jar

The minutes of meeting 1304 were accepted as 'Hugo taint'

The Treasurer reported that last week we took in $10.75 in the regular jar
& $17.55 in the party basket

The Vice President reported that tomorrow he has a funny thing

The President said 'hi' to Patty & Dave, here for the first time - along
with John Michael, Loni & Amanda - and then

commented we had a wonderful trip

Announcements:
Ken announced that on Sept 15-16 many theatres will be showing Doctor Who
in 3D, check fathom events for details

JC announced that Nerdvana Podcast has its 3rd anniversary celebration at
SLG this Saturday from noon -to 4pm & announced

that he is having editing problems

Beth announced that Doners Choose is accepting donations for back to school
- and if you can donate to '21st Century

learners' it will benefit her school and please use the code 'spark'

Brad announced that the RA Heinlein fund made its goal to get a bust made

Carole announced the death of Adrienne Martine Barnes

Dave G announced that he has a king room in the Davenport Tower for Sasquan
that he can't use, if interested please contact

him

[evil] Kevin announced that you have to be a Sasquan member to vote on the
2017 bid location & supporting memberships are

$40 - plus $40 to bid on site selection, so you can bid to help the
Helsinki in 2017 bid - and that will then let you vote

for San Jose in 2018 next year

Geri announced that there is a new planetary system 19 light years away in
Cassiopeia, Gliese 892

[tall] Kevin announced that the business meeting for Sasquan will start 4
days and likely run 4 days

Reviews:
Dave C reviewed the John Wayne airport wifi as not worth full price to
endure sad puppy blather & he is sad to say that

BevMo no longer carries Jolt soda & [tall] Kevin suggested he check Ralphs

I reviewed 'Ant Man' as fun, good in 2-D and worth full price, possibly
twice & there were follow-ons about techniques

Dave G moved that Spokane River and the Spokane falls area be annexed as
'Spokane Gravity Challenged Bay'

We did auctions

we adjourned at 9:16

and the rumor of the week was:  'Our long international Hugo nightmare is
nearly over'