BASFA Meeting 1321
November 23, 2015

Trey Haddad, President
Ken Patterson, Vice President
Dave Gallaher, Treasurer
Galen Tripp, Sergeant at Arms
Barbara Johnson-Haddad, Secretary
held at Coco's, 1206 Oakmead Parkway (Lawrence Expressway/101 Fwy),
Sunnyvale

Began 8 pm - I swear to Cat!
23 people attended

We established a party jar

The minutes of meeting 1319 were accepted as 'scribble scrabble'

The Treasurer reported that last week we took in nothing in either jar

The Vice President reported that Boris Karloff & Dr Who had birthdays today

The President had nothing fannish to report - but we did say 'hi' to Amber
D'Ann, visiting us for the first time

Announcements:
Ken announced that this Friday is the monthly Legion of Rasselon meeting at
7:30 at the Ihop on Steven's Creek & the 280 - and announced that he will
be on KFJC this Thursday from 10am till 2pm

Andy announced that they will host a SJ in KC party on Friday and Saturday
nights at Loscon

Adrienne announced that Bat Area Ghost Hunters will do a social at Gordon
Bierch in SJ, 1pm, Saturday, Dec 12 and there will be door prizes

JC announced that a Nerdvana Podcast episode goes up Wednesday

Tom announced that there will be a Potlatch in SJ next year

Bradford announced that he completed his paper & announced that his other
paper has been accepted by the ICFA

Beth announced that the last 2 performances of Opera SJ's 'Marriage of
Figaro' will be at 8pm Tuesday & at 3pm Sunday

Reviews:
Gerry reviewed Orycon as great, but there was a 1 km walk between the light
rail and the hotel; others variously reviewed Orycon as good, but Dave C
did have problems with the Dealers Room

Tom reviewed 'Gene Mapper' by Taiyo Fujii, a cyberpunk thriller about rice,
as enjoyable and a kick to read

Beth reviewed Heroes and Villain con as the best possible weekend ever,
with lots of pictures and she thought it was amazing & well run, there were
other comments about how good it was - but it needed more seating

John O reviewed the 'Hunger Games' premeire as grim & dark - a good movie
that stayed true to the book

Adrienne reviewed Windycon as very pleasant & Mo was fan GoH - all in all a
good con

we did auctions

we adjourned at 9:10 pm

and the rumor of the week was:  'I hope it is a pun, because otherwise it's
creepy'