Received via the BASFA Meetup page and it seems worth passing.
I thought it might be of particular interest to Chuck....
Adrienne
     ----- Forwarded Message -----
 From: Meetup Messages <messa...@meetup.com>
 To: ajfos...@pacbell.net
 Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2015 6:05 PM
 Subject: New messages in ✎ Maureen H. (Bay Area Science Fiction Association)

 Meetup ~~~ Respond by replying directly to this email ~~~       ✎ Maureen H.
(Bay Area Science Fiction Association)   Bay Area Science Fiction Association
Maureen H. I just wanted to let you know about the screening of Aleksei
German’s "Hard to be a God" that’s being shown for the first time in San
Francisco at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in SF (YBCA) on Thursday, January
14 and Saturday, January 16, and I hope you’ll be able to join us.

This masterpiece of Russian cinema was completed after German’s death by his
wife and son, and originally began in 2000 in the Czech Republic and was
finished in August 2006 at the Lenfilm studios in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
Based on the sci-fi novel of the Strugatsky brothers, it tells the story of a
scientist from Earth who travels to observe the planet Arkanar and is swept
into an epic descent into human hell.

 Peter Bradshaw in the Guardian newspaper gave it five stars out of five,
calling it: "awe-inspiring in its own monumentally mad way" and "beautiful,
brilliant and bizarre". This screening is a rare opportunity to see this
amazing film!

YBCA Screening Room, 700 Mission St, San Francisco; www.ybca.org

Cheers,

-Maureen  December 16, 2015 6:02 PM     Reply directly to this email or respond
on Meetup.com     To mute this conversation click here  To report this message
or block the sender, please click here     This message was sent by Meetup on
behalf of Maureen H..    Never miss a last-minute change. Get the app.
  You're getting this message because your Meetup account is connected to this
email address.   Unsubscribe from this type of email. Manage your settings for
all types of email updates.   Report this message or block the sender.   Visit
your account page to change your contact details, privacy settings, and other
settings.   Meetup Inc., POB 4668 #37895 New York NY USA 10163