On 12/17/2015 04:40 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
Quoting Ken Patterson (dpriso...@dvillage.org):

The Coco's on Oakmead closed down yesterday morning. I have left a
message with the reservation desk for the Round Table next door -
which has a banquet room. I hope we'll know today if we can meet
there.
Basically, what happened is that, in April 2015, a San Antonio, TX firm
named Food Management Partners completed acquisition from Zensho
Holdings Co. of of Carlsbad, CA-based Catalina Restaurant Group, the
company that operated about 100 Coco’s locations and about 50 Carrows
ones -- and immediately (still in April) started closing about 73 of the
restaurants deemed to be 'underperforming'.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/04/06/cocos-carrows-restaurants-brace-for-closures-in-wake-of-ownership-change/
http://nrn.com/corporate-news/coco-s-carrows-closures-leave-thousands-unemployed
http://nrn.com/corporate-news/underperforming-coco-s-and-carrows-restaurants-shuttered

In many cases, such as the closing in Santa Maria (central coast), the
closing was particularly brutal, employees say they came to work and
found the place not only shut down but their personnel files (with
sensitive personal data) in the dumpster behind the restaurant.

http://www.ksby.com/story/28975677/santa-maria-cocos-restaurant-closes-suddenly-ex-employees-say-personal-info-left-in-dumpster

So, it appears the Sunnyvale closing is just the latest in a long series
over the past eight months.

Sounds like we could use a list of restaurants operated by Food Management Partners...to boycott.