BASFA Meeting 1338 - at Faz
March 21, 2016

Trey Haddad, President
Ken Patterson, Vice President
Dave Gallaher, Treasurer
Galen Tripp, Sergeant at Arms
Barbara Johnson-Haddad, Secretary
MARCH 14 WILL BE AT: the Black Bear Diner = 174 W. Calaveras Blvd, Milpitas

Began 8-ish pm
26 people attended

we established a party jar

The minutes of meeting 1337 were accepted as 'leet'

The Treasurer reported that last week we took in $12.50 in the regular jar
& $5.25 in the party jar

The Vice President had nothing fannish to report

The President had nothing fannish to report, but gave special thanks to Josh

The Sports Committee reported that there are 3 tickets remaining for the
Giants/Rockies game on Friday, May 6, in the view reserve [section 317] at
a price of $28.   PLUS Ken has tickets for the Saturday, 5pm, May 14, SJ
Giants Star Wars night game in the Martinelli Plaza for $49 each & needs a
minimum of 15 to buy in [we're currently at 12] .. and this includes food,
2 alcoholic beverages & programs

The Site Selection committee is looking for new meeting sites.  Our next
meetings will be at:
   March 28 at Black Bear Diner = 174 W. Calaveras Blvd, Milpitas
   April 4 at Mimi’s Cafe = 1200 El Paseo de Saratoga, San Jose, CA  95130
   April 11 Lyon’s =  4233 Moorpark Ave, San Jose, CA  95129
   April 18 = [but may? be at Omega's?
   April 25 Lyon’s =  4233 Moorpark Ave, San Jose, CA  95129

Announcements:
[evil] Kevin announced that April 23 is the Black Light run at the Santa
Clara fairgrounds

Dave C announced that Westercon will be the July 4th weekend in Portland

Aatheus announced that March 30 will be a live symphony of Star Trek music
at the SJ Center for the Performing Arts

Carole announced that PENSWAG will have Mo do a presentation & workshop on
Venetian masks

on April 9 & tickets are still available & announced that Filk Ontario will
have a con

April 8-10

Andy announced that he has fliers for SJ in 2018

Boris[!] announced that this Friday is the Legion of Rasselon meeting at
the IHoP on

Steven's Creek at 7:30

Reviews:
Silicon Valley Comic Con was reviewed a lot .. and had problems with
Registration & scheduling & a lack of food, but there were some good bits

Then Alex reviewed 'Daredevil, Season 2' as the comic book. come to life.
amazing & a 10 out of 10

[evil] Kevin reviewed an 'Elementary' script by Paul Cornel as absolutely
worth full price

'A Beast and a Boy' was reviewed a fair amount as very good and worth full
price to see

Then Carole reviewed visiting family as fun - but that she will NEVER fly
any airbus 320 again.  EVER!

Bill reviewed a book of stories edited by Fred Patten, 'Cats and more Cats'
as enjoyed & worth full price

Tom reviewed Potlatch as not crowded or expensive & still fun

Mo reviewed getting a 20-year-old+ beehive removed humanely as worth full
price

Dave G reviewed Beach Blanket Babylon as fun and worth full price

Josh reviewed the Las Vegas 'Nightclub and Bar Expo' as 23 aisles of
free-flowing booze, $99 for 3 days - incredible stuff was there = and
absolutely worth full price

Dave C reviewed 'Limitless' on TV as fascinating & worth seeing, Mo agrees
& Trey suggests viewing the movie it's based off first

We did auctions

we adjourned at 9:41 pm

the rumor of the week was:  Sounds like BigWow became 'ow-ow'