BASFA Meeting 1340 - at Mimi's
April 4, 2016

Trey Haddad, President
Ken Patterson, Vice President
Dave Gallaher, Treasurer
Galen Tripp, Sergeant at Arms
Barbara Johnson-Haddad, Secretary
MARCH 14 WILL BE AT: the Black Bear Diner = 174 W. Calaveras Blvd, Milpitas

Began 8-ish pm with hot corn, hot salad, but cold shrimp & scallops
24 people attended

we established a party jar

The minutes of meeting 1339 were accepted as 'what Fred said'

The Treasurer reported that last week we took in $12.35 in the regular jar
& $7.40 in the party jar

The Vice President had nothing fannish to report

The President said 'hi' to Rebecca, an avid sf reader and artist, visiting
us for the first time

The Sports Committee reported that there are 3 tickets remaining for the
Giants/Rockies game on Friday, May 6, in the view reserve [section 317] at
a price of $28.   PLUS Ken has tickets ON HIM RIGHT NOW for the Saturday,
5pm, May 14, SJ Giants Star Wars night game in the Martinelli Plaza for $49
each & .. and this includes food, 2 alcoholic beverages & programs

The Site Selection committee is looking for new meeting sites.  Our next
meetings will be at:
   April 11 Lyon’s =  4233 Moorpark Ave, San Jose, CA  95129
   April 18 = at Omega's  90 South Park Victoria Drive,  Milpitas, 95035
   April 25 Lyon’s =  4233 Moorpark Ave, San Jose, CA  95129
   May 2 = Black Bear Diner = 174 W. Calaveras Blvd, Milpitas

There was discussion about how the site selection vote should be done, with
a decision that there will be an online survey for the membership to vote
on, with the Committee reporting the result to the attending membership at
a future meeting & voting for the site at that point

Announcements:
I announced that the French silk mud pie was wonderful

Ric announced that Bookbuyer on Castro Street, MV, is closing &
theoretically opening somewhere else

Mo announced that her class for Venetian masks is still open and will be at
the Campbell Community Center this Saturday, starting at 9am

Rebecca announced that Hancock's fabric shop is closing

Bill announced that he & Carole are travelling to Filk Ontario in Canada

Reviews:
Contact was reviewed a lot .. and everyone had a great time there

Mo reviewed a BBC show she liked a lot [title may be 'The Durrells'] & then
also reviewed the new 'Wynona Earp' series as 'bantha poodoo'

Adrienne reviewed really old baseball movies

Ric reviewed the Star Trek Ultimate Voyage symphony as a wonderful evening
of music that he enjoyed, Ken & Geri also enjoyed it but found the
narrative not very good; then Ric reviewed MTV's 'George Fest' [dedicated
to George Harrison] as worth watching more than once & then reviewed a new
gadget, Amazon's Echo Dot as it takes voice commands, plays music [and will
ready the world for our robot overlords]

Dave C reviewed the movie 'Limitless' on TV as a lot more creepy than the
TV show

We did auctions

we adjourned at 9:27 pm

the rumor of the week was:  'And in May, Colin Kaepernick signed with the
Cubs'