BASFA Meeting 1341 - at Lyon's
April 11, 2016

Trey Haddad, President
Ken Patterson, Vice President
Dave Gallaher, Treasurer
Galen Tripp, Sergeant at Arms
Barbara Johnson-Haddad, Secretary

Began 8-ish pm with conversations about science!
24 people attended

we established a party jar

The minutes of meeting 1340 were accepted as 'elf tested, BASFA approved'

The Treasurer reported that last week we took in $16.75 in the regular jar
& $1.00 in the party jar

The Vice President had nothing fannish to report

The President had nothing fannish to report

The Sports Committee reported that there are no tickets remaining for the
Giants/Rockies game on Friday, May 6.  BASFA seats are in the view reserve
[section 317].   PLUS Ken has tickets ON HIM RIGHT NOW for the Saturday,
5pm, May 14, SJ Giants Star Wars night game in the Martinelli Plaza for $49
each & .. and this includes food, 2 alcoholic beverages & programs

The Site Selection committee is looking for new meeting sites.  Our next
meetings will be at:
   April 18 = at Omega's  90 South Park Victoria Drive,  Milpitas, 95035
   April 25 Lyon’s, downstairs =  4233 Moorpark Ave, San Jose, CA  95129
   May 2 = Black Bear Diner = 174 W. Calaveras Blvd, Milpitas

Announcements:
Lisa announced that Bookbuyers on Castro Street, MV, is moving, not closing
- has a Go Fund Me site & is having book sales

Reviews:
[tall] Kevin reviewed being employed as good & reviewed that being part of
the political system was interesting & that they were not well -organized

William reviewed an audio book from My Play Away.com as an MP3-like format
that contains the book & was worth full price

Josh reviewed 'Comedy of Errors' by Impact Theatre as silly & amazing

Dave C reviewed 'Batman vs Superman' as 'ugh' & that he didn't like much of
anyone in the entire movie

Mo reviewed her class on mask making as worth full price; there were 12 in
the class & it was really nice to teach & then reviewed the Giant's opening
day as it started out sucky but ended great

Andy reviewed Eastercon as an absolute blast, then reviewed the South bay
Day of Transgender Visibility as a fun event & reviewed Robogames in
Pleasanton as good

Jon reviewed being a paid extra in a movie as fun & reviewed Nichols
Research as lucrative to get paid for giving opinions for

Ken reviewed the 'Force Awakens' on blueray/DVD as already seen 3 times &
the 'making of' track was good, recommended & said to avoid the cheapo
Target version; Josh followed, saying that the digital download is
absolutely worthwhile

We did auctions

we adjourned at 9:28 pm

the rumor of the week was:  'BASFA, now with dramatic 'literature' readings
by Morgan Freeman'