Trey Haddad, President
Ken Patterson, Vice President
Dave Gallaher, Treasurer
Galen Tripp, Sergeant at Arms
Barbara Johnson-Haddad, Secretary
held at the Black Bear Diner

Began 8 pm - with so-so pie
25 people attended

The minutes of meeting 1346 were accepted as 'how many totes could a wood
tote tote if a wood tote could tote totes'

The Treasurer reported that last week we took in $6.00 in the regular jar &
$6.75 in the party jar - and at meeting 1345 took in $13.00 in the regular
jar & $2.25 in the party jar

The Vice President had nothing fannish to report

The President had nothing fannish to report

The Site Selection committee reminded us that we will be meeting at the
Black Bear Diner for the next 2 weeks & that on June 6 we will hold a
ratification vote to confirm BBD as a more permanent site

The Sports Committee reported that they are thinking about doing another
BASFA outing to the SJ Giants on Cartoon & Princess day, Tuesday, June 28
with a 7pm start time

Then we went into a committee of the whole to talk about a BASFA code of
conduct. Eventually the Committee reported back that it was decided to
establish a committee to investigate establishing a code of conduct for
BASFA, the committee chairman being Chuck - and that it will report back in
3 weeks time

Announcements:
Christine announced that Steven isn't here because he is practicing for a
Red Shift singing concert which will be held in 2 weeks, June 4 at The
Annex at Emerald Park LDS Church, 1105 Valparaiso in Menlo Park

Lisa announced that her 2nd grandson has graduated with honors from High
School

Ken announced that this Friday is the Legion of Rasselon meeting at the
IHoP on Stevens Creek & Lawrence, 7pm

Adrienne announced that Bay Area Ghost Hunters is planning movie outing on
June 11 - for 'The Conjuring' and on July 23 for the 'Ghostbusters' remake

[evil] Kevin announced that Balticon is coming up & that SJ in 2018 will be
there

John O reminded the club that there will be a SJ in 2018 party at Baycon on
Friday and could use more helpers

JC announced that a friend of a friend is looking for work - see JC for
details

Reviews:
[evil] Kevin reviewed 'RocheWorld' and 'Return to RocheWorld' as good reads
with solid science - worth full price, recommended

The secretary reviewed Marvel's 'Civil War' as lots of fun, worth full price

Bill reviewed Midwest museums - The Circus World museum as mostly closed
this time of year with some good exhibits - then Trey recommended
Longyear's book 'Circus World'; Bill then reviewed the National Mustard
museum in Madison as worth full price & they had samples; then reviewed the
driving skills of California drivers in snow as lacking; Carole commented
that a visit to a cancer-stricken friend was positive and suggested we all
talk to friends and family often

Adrienne reviewed 'Keanu' as a fun cat-kidnapping caper movie & worth at
least matinee

John O reviewed Maker's Faire as very crowded, but they made it through the
Expo hall in stages, taking 2 days - and was quite enjoyable to be there as
a guest and not a maker

Gerry reviewed the Capital Corridor Express train as pleasant to be able to
work on it, but less than pleasant when someone chooses to jump in front of
it

Ken reviewed Disneyland as that they've added a bunch of Star Wars themed
things & reviewed Universal Studios new Harry Potter stuff as that they
don't do lines well -still likes the tram ride the best - & there were lots
of broken lines & exhibits & recommends waiting till fall & cooler weather
before visiting there

A motion was made and passed to rename Ken as 'Neville' for the duration of
the meeting

Dave C reviewed 'Nice Guys' as enjoyable and worth matinee

we did auctions

we adjourned at 9:52 pm

and the rumor of the week was:  'Dave Gallaher - he's REALLY just here to
help'