BASFA Meeting 1381
January 16, 2017

Trey Haddad, President
Ken Patterson, Vice President
Dave Gallaher, Treasurer
Galen Tripp, Sergeant at Arms
Barbara Johnson-Haddad, Secretary
held at the Black Bear Diner

Began at 8:00 pm - ... with not enough Mannings
27 people attended

we established a party jar

The minutes of meeting 1380 were accepted as 'thanks Obama'

The Treasurer reported that last week we took in $3.00 in the regular jar -
and $17.00 in the party jar & that at meeting 1379 we took in $5.25 in the
regular jar - and $6.50 in the party jar

The Vice President had nothing fannish to report

The President had nothing fannish to report

Announcements:
Carole announced that her home phone line sucks & announced that the
Seattle filk convention, Conflict is in a week and a half

Dave C announced that Comic Excitement was last week & they posted their
harassment policy after the fact

Adrienne announced that Haunted America tickets are on sale now & it occurs
in June in Illinois & Mo commented that it will be held in a gorgeous part
of the state

Beth announced that Nerdvana Podcast, episode 51, part 4 - the last of
Baycon 2016, will be out Wednesday

Gail announced that the SpaceX launch on Jan 8 was rained out and then the
launch on Jan 14 was a success

John O announced that Registration prices for Worldcon in 2018 are going up
in 2 weeks & announced that Consonance will be March 24-26 at the Crown
Plaza in Milpitas & announced that they aren't going to Gallifrey, so they
have 2 tickets to sell & Lisa followed on, saying that you can pay for
Worldcon in installment payments

Reviews:
Lisa reviewed Furcon as very nice & very furry - with a good science track;
Bill found it enjoyable & did a lot of furry watching & Carole noticed an
absence of a lot of the fursuiters she knows

Adrienne reviewed binge-watching the 'Poldark' reboot & enjoyed it & Chris
O commented that she liked the women's roles from the 70's version more

Dave C reviewed 'The Nightmare Stacks' by Charles Stross as a decent
Laundry book

Kennila reviewed 'Hidden Figures' as phenomenal and worth full price

Mo reviewed binge-watching the 'OA' as lovely & beautifully done & reviewed
'Beyond' as interesting

Dara reviewed Wendy Spinale's book 'Everland' as quite good

we did auctions

we adjourned at 9:13 pm

and the rumor of the week was:  'Joe Biden will be president for 1 day,
just to piss off Trump'