Ken Patterson, Vice President
Dave Gallaher, Treasurer
Galen Tripp, Sergeant at Arms
Barbara Johnson-Haddad, Secretary
held at the Black Bear Diner

Began at 8:02
28 people attended

we established a party jar

The minutes of meeting 13890 were accepted as 'mostly germ free'

The Treasurer reported that at meeting 1388 we took in $0.51 in the regular
jar & $1.50 in the party jar; then at meeting 1390 we took in $1.25 in the
regular jar & $2.25 in the party jar

The Vice President had nothing fannish to report

The President had nothing fannish to report - but we said 'hi' to Rachel,
visiting us for the first time

The Sports Committee reported that there are tickets available for the
Barracuda game & Dave G plans to go on April 1st; also reported that the SJ
Giants Star Wars night is May20, 5pm Friday for $39.00

Announcements:
Bill announced that he survived an attack of cellulitus

Randy announced that he was late due to visiting a parishioner at hospital
& announced that the Lions fund raising pancake breakfast, Sunday April 30

JC announced that Nerdvana Podcast will have issues this week & announced
that May 20-21 will have the Super Toy Show at the SC Fairgrounds, check
timetunneltoys.com & he recommends the show & he announced that Radar needs
help getting word out about Convolution 17, check con-volution.org

Gerry announced that plans are on track to be ready by Baycon & announced
that Standford's women's basketball team is in the final 4

[evil] Kevin announced that the Trans Day of Visibility is April 1st with
workshops and art shows during the day & then from 7pm till 10pm there will
be a show & he announced that May 21 is the Penswag Wearable Art show in
Palo Alto - he will be MC-ing the show and cost is $60, which includes lunch

Lisa announced that PEERS is putting on Gallivant, the Feast of Fools ball
at 6:30pm at the Alameda Elks Lodge, check peersdance.org & Avalon Rising
is their dance band

Carole announced that Kathy Mar is getting married on April 1st in Hilo
Hawaii

Reviews:
I reviewed 'Kong, skull Island' as recommended & worth full price - a
clever movie, done well & stay for the very end of the movie cookie,
various follow ons pretty much agreeing

Bill reviewed his visit to El Camino Hospital as the staff was attentive,
the food barely edible & he survived; then reviewed Weber's 'At the Sign of
Triumph' as bordering on Steampunk & a bit of a slog & reviewed 'Nightmare
Stacks' by Stross as a very entertaining story

Dante reviewed 'Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them' as enjoyable with
entertaining characters

Brad reviewed season 7 of 'Walking Dead' as uneven, but it keeps you going

Lisa reviewed Consonance as a small filk con & very enjoyable; Carole agreed

Gayle reviewed the Gilbert & Sullivan operetta 'Princess Ida' as she
enjoyed it & it's at the Montgomery theatre in SJ, a Lyric Theatre
production

we did auctions

we adjourned at 9:01 pm

and the rumor of the week was:  'What? Cylons in Vegas?'