Meeting #1431
January 1, 2018

Trey Haddad, President
Ken Patterson, Vice President
Dave Gallaher, Treasurer
Galen Tripp, Sergeant at Arms
Barbara Johnson-Haddad, Secretary
held at the Black Bear Diner, Milpitas

Called to order at 8 pm, with a New Year
18 people attended

we established a party jar

The minutes of meeting 1430 were accepted as 'my pie did arrive'

the Treasurer was absent, but meeting 1430 took in $0.00 in both jars

the VP had nothing fannish to report

the President reported that the New Year had arrived

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
the secretary announced that BASFA minutes are no longer being posted to
Live Journal, but are being posted to Facebook, Dreamwidth & the BASFA
mailing list

[little] Harold announced that the Zeldathon Charity marathon has raised
more than 200 million & is still taking donations - check zeldathon.net

REVIEWS:
'Last Jedi' was reviewed [with spoilers now] on the whole positively

Dave C reviewed seeing Greg Proops twice, enjoyed his comedy both times &
considers him worth full price, both times

Bill reviewed 2017 as not even remotely worth full price

Brad reviewed a non-fiction book about artificial intelligence, 'Life 3.0'
by Max Tegmark as well-written & highly recommended

there were no auctions

Adjourned 8:26

And the rumor of the week = 'the blank has been filled with pie'