Minutes of Meeting #1631
Monday, December 6, 2021

Trey Haddad, President
Ken Patterson, Vice President
Dave Gallaher, Treasurer
Galen Tripp & Laser Pistol Packin’ Mama, Sergeants at Arms
Barbara Johnson-Haddad, Secretary
held online, in exile

ZOOM Meeting Registration link:
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUqcuqorDMsHtTgbbD44ZgG2WzrVGkr6pnX

Called to order at 8 pm
17 various beings eventually attended

The minutes of meeting 1630 were accepted as 'sawing logs'

the proxy Treasurer report is that we have money =
Regular: $15,737.77; Party: $230.58
Money can be sent to salve guilt via Paypal - sent to = dwgalla...@gmail.com

the VP is not at 100%, but had nothing fannish to report

the President had nothing fannish to report

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Howeird announced that transportation in southern Nevada is going to be
improved by allowing travel on the shoulder in congested times to supply a
3rd lane & that there will be a light rail built from Las Vegas to
Victorville sometime in the future; Gerry pointed out that Victorville has
an Amtrak station; Gayle points out that there is shopping in the
Victorville area

Rick made a late announcement that Chez Moen will have another outdoor
party this Saturday, Dec. 11. (Announcement to the mailing list pending.)
We'll have the wood-fired heater running, for coziness.

REVIEWS:

Yochanan reviewed a show on Hulu - Marvel's 'Hit-Monkey' as a very unusual
animated show, a bit violent & he likes it a lot =
https://www.marvel.com/tv-shows/marvels-hit-monkey/1
& he reviewed 'South Park: Post Covid', set 40 years in the future when the
Covid epidemic is nearly over as very funny = https://southpark.cc.com/

Lisa reviewed LosCon as a great deal of fun & she enjoyed it. It was a
little on the small size, at around 600 people attending. The parties were
excellent & there was good programming that she saw. The LA Marriott gets
very poor marks for a nigh total lack of service & no response & rates it
as zero stars
Gayle followed, saying her hotel service was all right; Gerry had a
frustrating time just trying to get a room, but the food at all the hotel
restaurants was excellent & he thought LosCon was well-run

Rick reviewed James S.A. Corey's 'Leviathan Falls', volume 9 & the last
book of The Expanse series as it sticks the landing! Yay! Entirely
satisfying conclusion to the story.
& he reviewed the Apple TV Plus 'Foundation' series as stunning to look at
& 'you have absolutely no idea where they are heading' & still worth
watching to see what strange not-Asimov directions the plot goes in. Much
scenery-chewing by Jared Harris.

Gayle reviewed an old Star Trek Next Generation episode, 'Remember Me' as
the episode was gripping & kept her on the edge of her seat
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remember_Me_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)
https://www.startrek.com/database_article/remember-me

Howeird reviewed Cox Cable service as 'service is a bit of an oxymoron' &
disappointing - so his email addresses are in transition & if there is any
problem with his domain, howeird.com, you will know why

we adjourned at 8:38 pm

and the rumor of the week = 'In the next timeline, we'll remember our
warped BASFA bubble!'