Hi,

 I am using the 1.0 release of Batik SVG api. I have a class extending the
JSVGComponent and successful in modifying properties of some dom elements
and getting it rendered on the canvas. Using the setSVGDocument() after
modifying the current svgDocument.

 This works perfectly on Windows browsers IE5.5, Netscape 4.7 (with the Java
1.3 plugin). But Netscape 4.76 on Solaris is a total mess. It does not
repaint the applet after the DOM is modified and the setSVGDocument() is
called.

 I have tried calling invalidate(), validate(), repaint(),
immediateRepaint() and they don't work.

 Is this related to the doublebuffering and or the progressive paint thread
being used in the JSVGComponent?

 I have set doublebufferedrendering and progressivepaint to false but this
does not help either.

 any clues?

thanks in advance,
-sheetal