----- Original Message -----
From: "Thieler Jens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 7:49 AM
Subject: AW: Images imbedded in SVG

> > I feel quite humble asking this, but are there any libraries that do
> > encoding (base64 or UUencode) in jdk1.3?  There is java.net.URLEncoder,
> but
> > I am not sure if that is the same thing.
>
> You may want to browse the package org.apache.batik.util.

I found the batik encoder was broken back in march; round tripping was
adding extra characters so source!=output. It may have been fixed; I did
file a bugzilla report.

The sun.misc.BASE64Decoder() is used regularly, though it is not documented
to the same level as say the sun jpeg codec, and isnt guaranteed to be
around on lightweight jvms.

I've been using some w3c classes which they provide in source form; stable
and simple.

-Steve