On Wednesday 04 July 2001 13:19, Andreas Bielk wrote:
> Here is the situation:
>
> We add a <use> element to an existing DOM tree with:
>
> Itīs clear that thereīs a bug in getNode(), but is that really the problem?
> When we serializes the DOM to a textfile

Sorry but I don't think there is a bug in getNode. I think you have not
specified the URI of the document (this one is required to handle use
element).

> (org.apache.batik.dom.util.DOMUtilities.writeDocument)
> the "href" attribute of the <use> have a missing namespace prefix.

According to the DOM spec, the setAttributeNS method takes a qualifiedName
and not a localName.

The setAttributeNS(xlinkNamespaceURI, "xlink:href", ...);

will solve your second problem.

Thierry.