Hi,

While working on a solution which should make it possible to cache raster
image data (yes, I have a working version!;) I noticed the following:

org.apache.batik.ext.awt.g2d.TransformStackElement has a method
"concatenate()" which essentially reduces 2 affine transforms of the same
type to 1. However, only translations, rotations and scales are supported.
General transformations represented in matrix form cannot be concatenated.
This may result in SVG transform attribute strings of epic length...

Do people agree that this is a bug? Are there compelling reasons for this
behaviour (e.g. performance)? Is there a reason why I should not fix this?
My code for caching images is quite heavily dependent on transformations to
get the image data to show correctly. Long attribute strings would sort of
defeat the whole caching scheme...

Paul