Hello Batikers,

  It's been a while....been participating on Yahoo Developers list and
spreading the knowledge about Batik :-)

  I see that Batik will be a JAVA ONE 2002...I wonder if Batik team would
like to comment on this.

  I have also noticed that animation features are every so slowly creeping
into Batik :-)

[SUGGESTION]
  I was thinking about how the Batik Web page could be improved....and I
thought it would be nice to give a high level explaination of the jar files
in Batik. I find it hard to think about which jars to include in the
classpath....maybe I should put all....

The point is that Developers and Users of Batik should not have to guess
what jars to put the classpath....Batik Web site should make it easy on
young Batikers. So I am suggesting a high level chart that explains what the
jar file do!

  I am thinking something like Xerces:
http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/install.html

  I'm would think that the install page would be a perfect place to put such
information:
http://xml.apache.org/batik/install.html

  I know that any Batiker could just type: jar -tf batik-awt-util.jar to see
the inside....put not everyone feels comfortable with jars and I think it
would really help those who use the binary distribution of Batik

So what do you think? ....I could make a sample and others in the group
could approve the wording....

just a thought:-)

<shameless>
http://www.svgnotebook.com is coming along.....soon to have a Batik section