Hello All,

I went through the code to see what would be required to port Batik over to
a PDA.  As I suspected, Java2D would need to be implemented to port the code
as is.  The other option is to rewrite Batik to not use Java2D.  This would
basicly be like starting from scratch.  Left with these two options, I
decieded to put Linux back on my PDA.  I could then run a full J2RE 1.3.1,
with Swing and Java2D (blackdown.org has a version that will run on Compaq
iPAQ).  I tried to use the svgbrowser, but I ran out of memeory.  I had only
32mb and no swap space.  Using JSVGCanvas I was able to get the sample
barchart running.  It was not very fast, but it did work.  Because, porting
Batik to J2ME would be a very difficult feat, and I am able to run the code
as is on my PDA, I am going to give up on porting Batik for now.  I would
still like to help with the project in some way. What I would like, is to
help optimize the code and add XFroms support.  This I will leave for
another email.

Anthony Mills