Moritz,

Hello,
    I am not to sure what you you mean by "talking to stones"....
I think the main problem is that Batik Toolkit is changing all the time and
the Developers list is for Question about the code in Batik toolkit....the
user list is for Question on how to make the code work....some times things
get blured.....

  If you have general question I can try to help you .....but I am still
learning myself ;-)

I hope you do not get the impression that individuals in the batik project
are not interested in what you have to say or how you are using Batik.

Please ask or no one will ever learn from you! :-)

We all learn by sharing what we know
Robert A. DiBlasi
http://www.svgnotebook.com