Hi Cameron,

There are no current plan to implement SMIL Animation in Batik at this point because it requires major architectural changes to Batik and, unfortunately, the effort required is not something the current commiters can chew at this point. This is a work load issue. With the bandwidth the commiters have on the project currently, we do not feel it is realistic to even start on this major undertaking.

However, I am glad to see that you are planning to possibly write SMIL Animation support for Batik! The contributions which happened to date around SMIL Animation are available in the contrib are of the Batik CVS repository under the 'smil' subdirectory.

Best Regards and good luck,
Vincent.

Cameron McCormack wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

The Batik project does not support declarative <link
href="" class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/animate.html">"http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/animate.html">animation</link> and
there is currently no plan to add support for SMIL Animation to the
Batik project.</p>

Is this the case?  How come?

Later in the year if work hasn't started on it I will probably write it.

Cameron