Hi,

I've created an applet which uses the functionality of
the JSVGCanvas in the batik framework. I am hosting
this applet on a tomcat 4.1 webserver. When I run the
applet locally, I have absolutely no problem. The
applet loads fast and the documents are also rendered
pretty fast.

However, when I access the web server from a remote
machine (which is still in the internal LAN, and the
connection is extremely fast - 100 MB/s), the applet
takes a long time to render an SVG document for the
FIRST TIME. Yes only the first time that I load the
SVG document it takes a long. Upon further
investigation I noticed the following :
1. The browser connects to the location
${weblocation}/META-INF/services/org.apache.batik.util.ParsedURLProtocolHandler.
This takes the longest.
2. Then it tries to load the locale information.

So, these are two things which are making the applet
extremely slow and I cannot work with it. Is there
anyway to make the first time loading of the SVG
document faster. For install calling the
parser.setProperty() method somewhere.

I would be grateful for some help.

Thanks,
Jonathan.