NOTE: This was sent to fop-dev & batik-dev as I have a question about the mailing lists I'd like to clarify before we 'ask' [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Oct 31, 2004, at 1:28 AM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
Dear infrastructure people,

the board has recently accepted the proposal for creation of the XML
Graphics project (which is comprised of the XML projects Batik and FOP).
To aid in the process, would infrastructure please do the following:

(ia) renames and aliases

I. [EMAIL PROTECTED] to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I. [EMAIL PROTECTED] to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
II. [EMAIL PROTECTED] to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I. [EMAIL PROTECTED] to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
I. [EMAIL PROTECTED] to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
II. [EMAIL PROTECTED] to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Please create aliases so the old adresses continue to work!

When the Apache Forrest project changed to a new domain, they also changed from [EMAIL PROTECTED] to [EMAIL PROTECTED] & [EMAIL PROTECTED] Unfortunately, with this change comes (IMHO) a significant problem for browsers of the archives: forrest-dev@ mail is a completely separate mailing list (with a separate interface). The problem is that forrest-dev was used for *all* dev *&* user mailing list traffic, so a search in the 'current' mailing lists' archives does not include content in forrest-dev (that's a separate search).

For example, with the change to [EMAIL PROTECTED], I'd like to make certain (if possible or logical) that we don't end up with a similar problem.

I'm not certain what the 'solution' looks like (or even if it's a real problem!), but I thought we should chat. If it is a problem, we may need to set up <mailing-list>@xmlgraphics.apache.org as an alias to <mailing-list>@xml.apache.org. IOW, the mailing lists do *not* change and we add aliases for @xmlgraphics.a.o.

Thoughts?

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>