Cameron,

Though i do watch the abstracts coming in, i'm not on the review team.
To me personally however sXBL is one of the most interesting things.
And i think a lot of people would be interested (at a technical
university, i'm expecting some extra interest for specialized 'drawing'
programs..).
Maybe you can submit a course too.
I suggest you submit your abstract(s), with a remark about the likelyhood
of you actually showing up.

Watching all the SVG-news from Sun (Batik being Java) go by (latest
example: http://svg.org/story/2005/2/21/163451/008 ) I'd expect Sun to
next to their nice participation on the contents side of SVG Open als take
the opportunity of marketing/promotion and be a sponsor of the event as i
mailed Vincent Hardy about. Just maybe (i don't know about Apache
funding), Sun and you can help each other for SVG Open.

Ruud
http://www.svgopen.org/2005