Hi Benjamin

On 02.02.2011 17:39:35 Benjamin Diedrichsen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> this is a follow up on thread
> http://www.mail-archive.com/batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org/msg09176.html.
> I did not get the reply to the post so, I could not answer directly to it.

Sorry, forgot to put you in CC. I had to moderate your message through
so I actually knew you wouldn't get the message directly.

> Two questions regarding this: 1. Can I subscribe only to the threads I
> started?

Nope. You could post through
http://batik.2283329.n4.nabble.com/Batik-Users-f2970783.html
That gives you a forum-like interface to the mailing list.

>2. What is a digest supscription? Could not find any clear info on
> that

With this, you don't get every single e-mail posted to the mailing list.
They are collected and sent as bulk.

> Well, to the topic: I put the <flowPara> element in a <flowDiv> element but
> the results remain the same. I read something about a proprietary
> implementation of text flowing in batik. Would that be a choice? I am
> currently a little confused by the state of the SVG 1.2 specs. The threads I
> find that regard problems with text flowing using flowRegions, flowRoot and
> so forth are a little outdated (2005,2006) so I think they don't reflect the
> currrent implementation status. But still, the draft from 2005 stays draft.
> Also the SVG 1.2. support in the common browser seems to vary and especially
> firefox has problems with the flowRegions. Can anybody comment on the status
> quo of this whole SVG 1.2 adventure or point me to some good resources? And
> I would really appreciate a little and working sample of an svg that
> contains flowRoot and such elements and actually transforms correctly with
> the current batik development trunk.

Yeah, the whole flow text stuff is stuck since 2004. Take a look at the
examples under samples\tests\spec12\text. These are working for me.

BTW, if you're generating PDF and get problems, it may be worthwhile to
check out Apache FOP Trunk:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk
(or download Apache FOP 1.0: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/download.html

You can then try converting your SVG to PDF using FOP's command-line:
fop -imagein my.svg -pdf my.pdf

There have been some improvements to the PDF output since the
pdf-transformer.jar has been created. And that might help. Worth a try
anyway.

> So long and sorry for cross-posting to both lists, won't happen again
>
> Regards,
> Benni

Jeremias Maerki