Hello Thomas,

You are absolutely right! I set the canvas to always dynamic and it works.
Thanks very much for the help.

To any future readers, you need to add the following line
"myJSVGCanvas.setDocumentState(JSVGCanvas.ALWAYS_DYNAMIC);"
before loading the document (with setURI, setDocument, setSVGDocument,
etc.).
(as explained in the batik FAQ 3.2)

Thanks again Thomas!

Kind regards,