Hi Anjello,

Anjello <anjelloa...@gmail.com> wrote on 06/11/2011 12:14:30 PM:

> I use the createDocument() method to read in an SVG file.
> When I read a file with tags separated with new lines, and then try to
> access the last element of the document element, i get the exception

        The problem is that the last 'node' of your document is not an
Element.  It's a text element (probably containting your newline).  You
should simply use "getPreviousSibling" until you get a Node that is
an "instanceof" Element.

> java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.batik.dom.GenericText cannot be
> cast to org.w3c.dom.Element

Thomas DeWeese | CDG Advanced Development |
Eastman Kodak Company | 343 State Street | Rochester, NY 14650-0128 |
thomas.dewe...@kodak.com | 585 724-0294 |
www.kodak.com