One way to do it...assumes the file was read and placed into a byte array by
loadMyFile() (your implementation).

All fluff and exception handling removed, but the basic sequence is:

byte[] inFIleBytes = loadMyFile();
ByteArrayInputStream bais =  new ByteArrayInputStream(inFileBytes);
SAXSVGDocumentFactory svgDocumentFactory = new
SAXSVGDocumentFactory(XMLResourceDescriptor.getXMLParserClassName());
Element inElement = svgDocumentFactory.createDocument(null,
bais).getDocumentElement();
inElement = (Element) document.importNode(inElement, true);
svgRoot.appendChild(inElement);

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 9:09 AM, sweetmovesdude <dennis.ku...@tu-dortmund.de