Hi Henryk.

Henryk Hecht:
> There appears to be a rather unusual bug in font handling under
> newer JDKs with squiggle, and I am somewhat at a loss to guess
> what's actually happening.
> …
> I don't know how text-anchor: middle is implemented in Batik, and it
> seems it isn't easy to find out, but perhaps Batik (or the newer
> versions of the JDK) is caching some incorrect information-AWT font
> metrics perhaps? Really, I'm just guessing-I hope that someone with
> greater expertise might be able to produce a better guess.

I think you are right that there must be something that has changed in
the JRE to result in this bug.  I just fired up Batik on Windows, which
I hadn’t done for a while, and with the JRE that is on there (1.6.0_24)
I too encounter the problem.  I’m just downloading an earlier 1.6 JRE to
verify.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/