Hello,

let's assume I am using a SVG font to 'draw' the word 'Valliant'. There is
some 'hkern' between V and a...so the distance between these two characters
should be reduced.

I guess Batik will load the SVG font, read in every single glyph and the
hkern map. What I am looking for is the layout code to 'draw' the word
'Valliant' from those glyphs. Basically I am looking for the classes in
Batik that determine the position of every glyph so a complete word can be
rendered.

Maybe somebody has some simple example code from reading in the SVG font,
to rendering the word on a Graphics2D context of an image or JComponent or
something. I guess I could debug from there to find the layout classes.

Cheers,
Dieter