Hi Fireball,

On Jul 25, 2012, at 1:01 PM, fireball wrote:

> I would like to know if there is a way in Batik to zoom some specific
> layers. What I mean is, for example, let's say we have two groups(layers):
> <g id="layer1">
> </g>
> <g id="layer2">
> </g>

        You can always add a transform with a scale to one of the groups.
Managing all of the translate/scale stuff with mouse events is a bit tricky.

        You can also use currentScaleTranslate (and or getScreenCTM) to
conteract the scale/translate applied by the canvas.

> Using Batik's default zooming or creating a new one that listens to
> mousewheel, is there a way to tell Batik that it should zoom "layer1" and
> not "layer2". Note that both layers are displayed to the users at the same
> canvas.

        You can always replace the mouse listeners on the canvas.
The JSVGComponent is the same as the JSVGCanvas but with essentially none
of the built in behaviors of the canvas.

> It would have been great if we had an attribute that Batik checks to
> determine if this element should be zoomed or not. Ex: <g id="layer1"
> zoomable="yes"> or <g id="layer1" class="zoomable"> or something like that.

        Well Batik implements the SVG specification so you would want that in
SVG not just Batik.

        Thomas