Hi John, Thomas,

Although it has been quite a while since the last post in this thread, did
you manage to solve the underline, overline and line through bug? Or perhaps
found a solution to get around it?

I'm running into the same problem now after having added flowing text
support to an editor I'm working on, primarily for academics. I assumed that
these trivial things would work, but after implementing flowing text support
in the editor I found out it is a Batik thing. Waiting on the W3C to decide
on the SVG 1.2 Full is taking too long.

I'm going to try and look at the source code with the hints Thomas provided.
Maybe it can simply be implemented for my purposes.

Any further hints, workarounds or solutions to this problem would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks for your replies.

Mario