Hi fireball,

        I'm pretty sure that your importer doesn't import the xml:base
attribute from the 'svg' element.
So in the new document the 'image' element doesn't have an xml:base to
establish the base URL to resolve 'image.png' against.  If you were to move the
xml:base down to the 'g' I think it would work.

        Alternately (and probably better in the long run) you could have your
importer create a 'g' element and set an xml:base attribute on that that
corresponds to the URL of the document it's importing.  If you do that make
sure to use 'setAttributeNS' with the 'xml' namespace (it's also best to use
xml:base as your name).

        Thomas