You need to construct an SVG 'image' element (createElementNS) and set the
base64 encoded byte array as the xlink:href (setAttributeNS) (and set other
attributes as needed such as x, y, width, height) then insert the image
element into the SVG Document (appendChild).
Make sure you only modify the document in the UpdateManager's RunnableQueue.

Thomas