There are several notes on the web from people like myself trying to add the JSVGCanvas as a bean to the Netbeans GUI Palette (7.2). One is from Danny Browne back in 2004.

I have tried several ways and none seem to work. I am working off of svn trunk (1.8pre), having built jars and jars-all, and have tried selecting just batik-swing.jar and batik-all.jar. The JSVGCanvas shows up in the next Netbeans wizard screen, asking you to select the bean(s) you wish to add.

The problem is that dragging the bean onto the screen results in an error:
"The component cannot be instantiated. Please make sure it is a Javabeans component."

I am sure that this is a silly mistake somewhere, but it is failing no matter what approach I am taking.

Rook