Hello,
I am a new user trying modify an SVG file and then render it as a JPEG.
I convert the SVG file into a w3c Document.then I get the element that I need
to update.
but when I try to update the text in that element I get the following error:
java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGOMTextElement.getTextContent()Ljava/lang/String;

My code is as follows:
final String parser = XMLResourceDescriptor.getXMLParserClassName();final
SAXSVGDocumentFactory svgDocFactory = new SAXSVGDocumentFactory(parser);
svgDoc = svgDocFactory.createDocument(svgUri);final Element element =
svgDoc.getElementById("MainTitle");
MG> should be SVGOMTextElement not Base Class Element

System.out.println("Element Text:" + element.getTextContent().toString());
MG>getTextContent is already returning String why are you doing a toString()
again?

Please help me how to update values of elements in the SVG Dom document.
I will be glad if you can point me to a link where I can get samples or
documentation of using the DOM api.

Thanking You,--
Regards,Ouch Whisper010101010101
MG>it would be a good idea to send us the maven pom.xml you are using to build
with
MG>at least that way we can easily determine the versions of dependencies you
are using to build with
MG>using ant or any other build tool that is version-unaware and will lead you
down a path where there is no recovery