I would recommend HighCharts (http://www.highcharts.com/), a Javascript
library for generating charts in SVG that is very interactive, flexible and
extensible. It also has a feature to then export the chart to a fixed
format like PDF or PNG. By default, this uploads the dynamically-generated
SVG back to a HighChart server, which under the covers uses Batik to do the
conversion to a document. If you don't want to send your data to
HighCharts, you can override the export URL and provide your own service in
your web application, and use Batik there.

Jay