Dear All,

I am getting NPE when transcoding SVG to JPEG using
batik-rasterizer-1.8.jar.

There is useless stacktrace, but I was able to found the cause:

There is the following line in o.a.b.transcoder.image.JPEGTranscoder:

ImageWriter writer =
ImageWriterRegistry.getInstance().getWriterFor("image/jpeg");

In my case the writer is null which fails few lines later. When inspecting
ImageWriterRegistry and referenced o.a.b.util.Service they're looking for
META-INF/services/org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.spi.ImageWriter.class which
is not found as it is part of not referenced batik-codec module.

When batik-codec module is added into pom.xml, everything is fine.

Is it bug or do I have misconfigured my environment?

Thanks,

Jan