Ronan Waide <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On July 6, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> > at least the mail splitting (gnus-privet/public) no longer works. any Idea?
>
> As far as I can tell, gnus-bbdb was merged into the main sources as
> bbdb-gnus some time during the v1.5 - v2 development cycle.
this is from the header of gnus-bbdb.el I'm using:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;; Finding canonical author data in the BBDB
;;;
;;; This feature is largely lifted from the original bbdb-gnus.el by
;;; JWZ, both in spirit and in code.  Variable names have been changed
;;; to protect the innocent.  Any resemblance to real code executing or
;;; swapped is probably because you've already loaded this.

I am looking for gnus-bbdb-split-method, as described here:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;; Filing with gnus-folder               REQUIRES (ding) 0.50 OR HIGHER
;;;
;;; To use this feature, you need to put this file somewhere in your
;;; load-path and add the following lines of code to your .gnus file:
;;;
;;; (require 'gnus-bbdb)
;;; (setq nnmail-split-methods 'gnus-bbdb-split-method)
;;;
;;; You should also examine the variables defvar'd below and customize
;;; them to your taste.  They're listed roughly in descending likelihood
;;; of your wanting to change them.  Once that is done, you need to add
;;; filing information to your BBDB.  There are two fields of interest:
;;;
;;; 1. gnus-private.  This field contains the name of the group in which
;;;    mail to you from any of the addresses associated with this record
;;;    will be filed.  Also, any self-copies of mail you send any of the
;;;    same addresses will be filed here.
;;; 2. gnus-public.  This field is used to keep mail from mailing lists
;;;    out of the private mailboxes.  It should be added to a record for
;;;    the list submission address, and is formatted as follows:
;;;      "group regexp"
;;;    where group is where mail from the list should be filed, and
;;;    regexp is a regular expression which is checked against the
;;;    envelope sender (from the From_ header) to verify that this is
;;;    the copy which came from the list.  For example, the entry for
;;;    the ding mailing list might be:
;;;      "mail.emacs.ding [EMAIL PROTECTED]"
;;;    Yes, the second part *is* a regexp, so those dots may match
;;;    something other than dots.  Sue me.
;;;
;;; Note that you can also specify a gnus-private field for mailing list
;;; addresses, in which case self-copies of mail you send to the list
;;; will be filed there.  Also, the field names can be changed below if
;;; the defaults aren't hip enough for you.  Lastly, if you specify a
;;; gnus-private field for your *own* BBDB record, then all self-copies
;;; of mail you send will be filed to that group.
;;;
;;; This documentation should probably be expanded and moved to a
;;; separate file, but it's late, and *I* know what I'm trying to

> Cheers,
> Waider.
> --
> Ronan Waide, Technology Consultant
>
> StepStone, #102 Block 4, Harcourt Centre, Harcourt Rd, Dublin 2, Ireland
> Tel: +353 (0)1 2944077  Fax: +353 (0)1 2944078  http://www.stepstone.ie/

Matan Ninio