On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Stephan Engelke wrote:

> After using BBDB 2.00.06 for quite a while, I just retrieved and installed
> the current CVS version of BBDB.  Except for an problem with an undefined
> node in the info file the installation went fine.  I am using
> Xemacs 2.1.11 on a Solaris 7 box.
         ^^^^^^
Really that ols;-))

> Here comes the problem: When I startup vm, the mailer reads the INBOX
> file and produces an error message (Wrong type argument, stringp, nil)
> after reaching the first unread message.  I attached the output of a vm
> invocation with the variable debug-on-error set.

Hmm, I remeber I have seen that problem at some time as well. As a quick
workaroud running bbdb (M-x bbdb) before starting vm should help.

I need to think a bit more about the change that made it work.

Jochen
--
http://www.Jochen-Kuepper.de

   Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit