Hi all,

   While I'm adding things to my BBDB to-do list (after better zip
handling) I was wondering what people thought about being more
aggressive when adding names to the name hash (used for things like
name completion etc...).

So currently if you have a record:

  Thomas E. DeWeese

If you want to complete:

  'To: Thomas D<meta-Tab>'

You need to go and explicitly add 'Thomas DeWeese' as an AKA.

Similarly, if you were to try:

  'To: DeWeese<meta-Tab>'

You would come up empty handed.

    This used to make sense when things would _really_break_ if two
people hashed to the same entry, so you didn't want to introduce extra
aliases w/o the user requesting them.  Currently, if two records hash
the same, it will simply ask you which record you really want.

    For this reason, I was thinking that when it hashes a record's
name it should for the above example hash in:

1) Thomas E. DeWeese (the only thing it does now)
2) Thomas DeWeese    (drop any initials)
3) DeWeese Thomas    (swap first/last, drop initial)
4) DeWeese Thomas E. (swap first/last, don't drop initial)

   For completion you could ignore #3 (since if 'DeWeese Thomas' is
unique it will complete to 'DeWeese Thomas E.'), but I'm not sure if
this hash might be used for other things where you would want both...

   Thoughts?