On 13 Oct 2000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Or is this a misunderstanding?

Yes.  I didn't state my question well enough.

bbdb-complete-name is for composing a message, maybe a few
others, but I don't think it is involved in creation of bbdb
records..  I am trying to use completion while creating a record.

When I am creating a new bbdb record, I want to be able to
complete on already defined fields.  Specifically, aka's that
have already been identified in previously entered records.
Then, I will be able to define mail groups without missing any
names because of mistyping the AKA string.

This would be nice across other fields as well, especially
companies.

--
Galen Boyer
New Orleans is sink'n man and I don't want to swim.