    Sridhar> Say I have a group of 3-4 people that are in my Finance
    Sridhar> project. I would like to create a fin-101 alias that
    Sridhar> expands to all their e-mail addresses.

The way I do this is to add a new field, say group with the value
fin-101 to those entries.  Then do M-x bbdb and enter fin-101.  In the
resulting BBDB buffer issue the *m command to mail to all users in the
buffer (after reviewing to make sure you don't have extra matches you
didn't want).

Hope this helps...
Ed Hirgelt