Hi folks,

I'm attempting to keep track of a WHOLE MESS of stuff using BBDB.  One
of the things that I'm trying to keep track of is Birthdays.  (I'm
*always* forgetting them.)  So, I wrote a handy little function that
whips through all of the records in the database and prints out little
messages telling that somebody's birthday is today.  (It's actually
called by a diary sexp in my diary file.)

The problem is that this is really *SLOW* since it has to go through
the whole DB for each day that it's trying to display.  So, I figured
that the easiest thing to do would be to cache the birthday data for
fast & speedy lookup.

The problem now comes when I want to hook in to detect changes to the
database so that I can update the cache accordingly.  I was planning
to use bbdb-after-change-hook, but that's not quite sufficient.  What
I really need is a way to get the old and the new records so that I
can find the birthday in the cache with the old record, then update to
the new record.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Thanks a bunch.

--
Ian Flanigan

Digital Equipment International         "Slower pizza's more luscious"
[EMAIL PROTECTED]              -- "King of Spain," Moxy Fruvous