There are a great many people here using VMS mail, one component
of which adds a date-time stamp into the From field of a mail header
such that I receive header lines like this:

From: node::user (Real U. Name 01-Oct-1993 1316 -0400)

    I've dealt with translating the net address through the
canonicalize hook; but the full name still poses a small problem.  The
header parsing _almost_ manages to deal with this mess correctly, but
some users don't set up a real user name for thier headers and the
mail arives like:

From: node::user (01-Oct-1993 1316 -0400)

    ... and the parsing decides that the users full name is 'Oct'.

Any hints on how I can recognize these and prevent them getting added
to my database (or translate them into "???" or something)?

I'm still at version '1.47'.

--
Scott Lawrence  DEC - Email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  DTN:     226-6758
               home - Email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    Phone: 508-287-0017