Here's a solution to the mh-toggle-showing problem when bbdb-use-pop-up
is set to t. The following should go in bbdb-mhe.el; somewhere near the
other advices is fine. You can give it a whirl by just evaluating it
after bbdb and mh have been loaded.

(defadvice mh-toggle-showing (before mh-bbdb-toggle act)
  (if mh-showing
      (delete-windows-on bbdb-buffer-name t)))

If you switch folders it's still possible to get the four-window
configuration, but if you toggle enough times everything will straighten
out. Better just to toggle the extra windows off before switching to
another folder.

Fritz