Cengiz Alaettinoglu ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) on January 7:
> > This is the problem!  I didn't have ANY records in my bbdb database
> > yet because I don't automatically add records from gnus.  Only mail
> > and we don't quite have MH installed yet.
> >
> > I put myself into the database and now everything is peachy keen!
> >
> > Lance
>
> I have 249 records in my bbdb. I guess problems I see are not exactly
> the same.
>
> Cengiz

In fact, I dont actually see any problems/bugs. Only a performance
degradation. It takes 10 seconds for every app. 25
bbdb/gnus-lines-and-from invocations on a sparc 1+. And when I visit a
newsgroup with couple of hundred articles, it takes minutes. Is this
usual?

Is it possible to turn this feature on and off depending on number of
articles?

Cengiz

                               |  Systems Design and Analysis Group
      Cengiz Alaettinoglu      |  Department of Computer Science
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]         |  University of Maryland