tony bennett wrote about "how to create notes entry if one doesn't exist?":

> I'd like to have a notice hook that saves the Subject line as the
> Notes entry if there is no notes field yet.

What I do is the following:

(setq bbdb-auto-notes-alist
      '(("Subject" (".*" last-subj 0 t))
        ("Organization" (".*" company 0 t))))

and then if I remember right, the following is also required:

(setq bbdb-notice-hook 'bbdb-auto-notes-hook)

                --eric
--
                            DAVE BARRY'S 1989 IN REVIEW -- August 12th
                               "The federal government, finally fed up with

Eric D. Hendrickson       Damnit!  I can't stop the heterocyclic declination!
Central Computing Services          University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, USA
    I came to confess.  *I* was the second gunman on the grassy knoll....